Physical activity is essential for your health and well-being. Being active every day can help:
- Make your muscles, bones, heart and lungs stronger
- Give you energy
- Reduce stress
- Prevent diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and heart disease
- Have a healthy pregnancy if you’re pregnant or trying to get pregnant
Move, Sit, Sleep
The Canadian 24-Hour Movement Guidelines for Adults 18-64 years recommends the right amount of movement, sitting, and sleep.
Move (click to expand) »
Sit (click to expand) »
Sleep (click to expand) »
All Movement Counts
Physical activity is more than sports and exercise. All movement during the day counts – even standing.
Sneak in extra activity by:
- walking, biking, or wheeling to do errands or get to work,
- walking the dog,
- planting a garden,
- playing games with the kids such as tag, hopscotch, or soccer,
- doing household chores like vacuuming or raking leaves.
Services related to this information: