Canada’s Food Guide recommends:
- making it a habit to eat a variety of healthy foods each day;
- eating a variety of vegetables and fruits to lower your risk of heart disease;
- making it a habit to eat vegetables, fruits, whole grains and protein foods;
- limiting highly processed foods;
- and making water your drink of choice.
Enjoy a variety of foods from Canada’s Food Guide every day at home, at school, at work and when eating out. Limit foods and beverages high in fat, sugar or salt (sodium).
Check out Canada’s Food Guide website for information and tips on choosing foods, planning meals and much more.