Puberty education is a pivotal part of broader sexual health education that requires the full participation of the educational, medical, public health, social welfare and legal systems in our society. Puberty education is the foundation for positive sexual and mental health development of children and youth. To assist educators to offer evidenced-based puberty education, we have created a complete listing of credible resources including lesson plans, teaching tools, videos and more!
The following lesson plans and classroom resources (in English and French) for grades 4–8, are sourced from Teaching Sexual Health, an Alberta Health Services Initiative. These lesson plans support educators in providing creative, age-appropriate ways to teach puberty health education. All lesson plans include material lists and are free for printing.
Lesson Plans from Teaching Sexual Health, , an Alberta Health Services initiative:
Other Tools and Resources from Teaching Sexual Health:
- Inclusive language
- Lesson plan and resource finder
- Differing abilities
- Frequently asked questions for students
- Responding to student questions
- Best practice guidelines
- Teaching Sexual Health – Additional Resources list
- Gender Spectrum
- Sex Information & Education Council of Canada (SIECCAN)
- Egale Canada
- Online Child Sexual Exploitation, Public Safety Canada – Resources for parents & caregivers, youth and educators
Services related to this information: