Below are some local and Canadian resources to help you promote healthy eating in your community.
- Healthy Eating in the Community (Canada’s Food Guide)
- Promoting Health in Your Workplace and Community: Taking the Focus Off Weight (Eastern Health)
- Eat Great and Participate (Recreation NL) – Eat Great and Participate promotes healthy eating to children and youth. They also work to increase access to healthy food and beverage choices in recreation, sport and community settings across Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Food First NL– Food First NL works with communities in Newfoundland & Labrador to make sure everyone has access to affordable, healthy, and culturally appropriate food.
- Food Programs in NL (Food First NL and 211 NL Partnership)
- Breastfeeding Toolkit for Municipalities (Baby Friendly NL)
- Food Safety Guidelines
- Safe Food Handling Tips (Health Canada)
Teaching Kitchen Videos
Click the links below to watch recipe videos from the Compass Group Teaching Kitchen. These videos show healthy recipes that use few ingredients and are generally easy to prepare.