Prenatal education is a great way to prepare for the arrival of your baby. This is a time of joy and promise, questions and concerns, worry and wonder. The start of a new life: for you, your baby and your family.
Remember that your pregnancy is special and personal. No two pregnancies are the same. Your experience will be different from the ones you read about and different from those of your family and friends. Think about what you read and hear. The nine months of your pregnancy will be nine months of changes.
Enjoy discovering your changing body and growing baby.
While your baby is growing inside, you’ll be changing too:
- Your uterus will get larger as your baby grows.
- Your body will increase its blood supply to carry food and oxygen to your baby.
- Your breasts will get ready to produce milk for breastfeeding.
- You’ll be preparing emotionally, and your family will be getting ready to welcome a new member.
Services related to this information:
- Free Prenatal Education Offered by Eastern Health (in person and on Zoom)
- To register for upcoming classes, please download and complete the Registration Form – Prenatal Classes (PDF) and email it to: HSCPrenatalclass@easternhealth.ca.
- Please indicate in the email whether you prefer in-person or Zoom classes. An email with your appointment date and time, and a Zoom link (if applicable) will be sent to you.
- For more information about the different classes that are available, click here.
- Free Online Prenatal Education (available anytime!)
- To register, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting access to InJoy. You will receive an email from Eastern Health inviting you to create a unique password and log in to your account.
- Already registered? Log in here.
- For more information about online prenatal education, click here.
- Contact your Public Health Nurse for immunizations and other prenatal support.
- 811 HealthLine (Newfoundland & Labrador) – Call 811 or 1-888-709-2929 / TTY 1-888-709-3555